When you think about your intuition what is it that emerges for you? Is it a ‘knowing feeling’? Is it a hunch or a gut feeling? Where is your intuition located? Is it located in one part of your body or maybe you have never really considered where is ‘resides’ in your body. One of the distinguishing characteristics of intuition is a lack of rational and logical thinking. An approach to you developing and utilising your intuition has been established by Sieler. He suggests the approach is based on the following eight premises, which include:
- The nervous system does not know the difference between illusion and reality – whatever is experienced is real for the nervous system;
- Humans are systems of internal conversations that are layered and sometime complex;
- Your intuition consists of conversations that comprise your unique storehouses of wisdom, accumulated from a myriad of learnings that have occurred from the multitude of experiences throughout your life history;
- In traditional approaches to education and training you may not have been encouraged to recognise the potential power of your intuition and how to access this storehouse of wisdom;
- Humans possess the power of language and imagination as the essence of creatively identifying a Way of Being that will best serve us for what we want to create in the future;
- Through language you can speak as though an aspect of your being is a separate entity from yourself;
- You can imagine your intuition is one or more languaging living systems that exist with you as a living languaging conversational system’ and
- Through language you can intentionally access you intuition by having conversations with 'it','him', 'her' as a living and languaging entity.
The invitation is for you to identify your intuition as one or more living entities that resides in you. This starts with you describing the physical appearance, stature/posture, voice and how it moves. Then consider, is your intuition feminine or masculine or do you have both genders that you can utilise? What is the setting in which your intuition(s) exist? What is the environment like? Once you have created your intuition as a ‘physical form’, you can then start to have conversations. Through developing relationships with your intuition you can ask for support and advice on a range of things. Consider your intuition as your internal coach. Through developing this unique relationship you will be able to tap into your inner knowing to help guide and enlighten you on a range of things including how to best take care of yourself.
If you are interested in learning more about how to utilize your intuition, see Mona Lisa Schulz